Asset labelling and tracking means making use of labels which are attached to your items. Barcode labels are a good option to use along with the asset management software. The numbers of the items and the stickers are stored in a log or a register. There are many advantages of using asset management software in businesses.
Some of these advantages are:
1. Labelling your items makes it easier to track them.
2. Asset labels make it very convenient and easy to carry out an audit of your equipment.
3. Asset labels save time in searching for misplaced equipment or items. A numbered system makes it easier to keep a record of all these items.
4. If you loan out some of your equipment on loan, asset labels make it easier to co-ordinate the transaction.
5. Keeping track of a large quantity of items that look identical can be a tedious process. But the use of asset labels can simplify the procedure.
6. Asset labels are also a form of proof of ownership.
7. Asset labels and tracking software are very cost effective.
8. Asset labels can effectively prevent theft as well as swapping of goods, especially when using permanent labels which cannot be taken off, or those which will leave a VOID mark upon removal.
9. Asset labels and tracking software can be suitable used in any industry or sector and for all types of goods, equipment and items.
10. Asset labels can be marked with the companies’ name and logo. This will make items instantly recognisable as your own.